I hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Also, safety guidelines from the State of Maryland and Prince Georges County.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself.
- I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- When you arrive at the office, I’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle and text me that you have arrived (text 301-747-1802) remain in your vehicle until I text you or call you to come in.
- I will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you do not have a fever.
- I will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone or if you have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness. Symptoms include but are not limited to cough, fever, shortness of breath or loss of taste.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. While face down, you may remove your mask. I will use a large handkerchief covering the face cradle. Substituting for your mask.
- I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
- There is a hand-hygiene station that I will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Please touch as little office surfaces as possible.
- Only the person with the appointment may enter the center. No guests or children allowed currently.
- Do not bring outside food or drink with you.
- Please limit the number of personal items you bring in with you.
- The lobby / waiting area is closed.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Touchless soap dispenser added to rest room.
- Extra time has been added in-between appointments for cleaning and sanitizing.
- I will be wearing a mask and single-use gloves throughout the massage appointment.
- New HVAC system has been installed in the office suite.
- New air filtering machine with charcoal and HEPA filters has been added to my treatment room.
- Blankets will no longer be used. If you are chilled during your massage, I will have an extra flannel sheet available.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. Please email me or text me with concerns.
Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.